- Nolasco’s Quest for 1,000 K’s: Padres at Marlins Game 1 PreviewPosted 4 days ago
- Marlins Minors Player of the Week 6/16-6/22Posted 8 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ GiantsPosted 12 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ DiamondbacksPosted 15 days ago
- Revitalized Marlins offense win series against Cards at home.Posted 15 days ago
- Help Send Stanton to the Home Run DerbyPosted 18 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs CardinalsPosted 18 days ago
- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 22 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs BrewersPosted 22 days ago
- Marlins Minor League Player of the Week 6/2-6/8Posted 22 days ago
Adeiny Hechavarria almost a week from return
- Updated: April 25, 2013
After landing on the 15-day disabled list on April 18th with a right elbow bruise, Adeiny Hechavarria is almost a week away from his return.
The 23 year-old shortstop took some grounders and made throws during batting practice on Thursday. Hechavarria is hopeful that he will be reinstated on May 2 at Philadelphia, although manager Mike Redmond said that he plans for Hechavarria to play some games in Jupiter before joining the big league team again.
Update on other injured players:
- Right-hander Henderson Alvarez, who kicked off the season on the DL with a right shoulder inflammation, will be throwing a 45-pitch simulated game on Saturday and then on next Thursday, he’ll pitch a 60-pitch start in Jupiter
- Nathan Eovaldi, who also began the season on the DL, has started his long-toss progression
- Casey Kotchman, who’s been out with a strained left hamstring, will be still out a few weeks.
- Catcher Jeff Mathis (broken right collarbone) could start his rehab assignment as soon as May 1st.
- Logan Morrison (right knee) can start his rehab assignment games on May 10th.