- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 11 hours ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs BrewersPosted 12 hours ago
- Marlins Minor League Player of the Week 6/2-6/8Posted 12 hours ago
- LeBlanc designated for assignment; Edgar Olmos recalledPosted 7 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ PhilliesPosted 7 days ago
- Marlins’ Minor League Player of the Week 5/26-6/1Posted 7 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs MetsPosted 10 days ago
- Marlins Minors Player of the Week 5/19-5/25Posted 14 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins and Rays (Home and Away)Posted 14 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ White SoxPosted 17 days ago
Koehler to take LeBlanc’s place in the rotation
- Updated: May 10, 2013
The Miami Marlins have announced that right-hander Tom Koehler will start on Sunday in place of left-hander Wade LeBlanc, who’ll be heading and joining Mike Dunn as the only two left-handers in the bullpen.
LeBlanc has been terrible as a starter this season. In seven games, he has 0-5 record with a 6.11 ERA, 6.4 K/9 and 3.1 BB/9 in 35 1/3 innings. I feel like he’s better off as reliever. Last year, he posted a 2.53 ERA while striking out 16 batters in 16 games from the bullpen.
Koehler, who will make his second start of his career, spent most of his minor league career as a starter.
In 2012, he went 12-11 with a 4.17 ERA in 151 innings over the course of 27 starts at Triple-A . His best season was in 2010, where he had a 16-2 record while posting a 2.61 ERA in 158 2/3 innings at Double-A.