- Nolasco’s Quest for 1,000 K’s: Padres at Marlins Game 1 PreviewPosted 13 days ago
- Marlins Minors Player of the Week 6/16-6/22Posted 17 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ GiantsPosted 21 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ DiamondbacksPosted 24 days ago
- Revitalized Marlins offense win series against Cards at home.Posted 24 days ago
- Help Send Stanton to the Home Run DerbyPosted 28 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs CardinalsPosted 28 days ago
- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 32 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs BrewersPosted 32 days ago
- Marlins Minor League Player of the Week 6/2-6/8Posted 32 days ago
LeBlanc designated for assignment; Edgar Olmos recalled
- Updated: June 3, 2013
After completing a three-game sweep on Sunday against the New York Mets, the Miami Marlins announced that they have optioned Jordan Brown to Triple-A New Orleans while first baseman Casey Kotchman will be reinstated from the disabled list on Monday. Also, Miami designated left-hander Wade LeBlanc for assignment and will recall left-hander Edgar Olmos from Double-A Jacksonville.
In seven games with the Fish, Jordan Brown went 3-for-8 (.375) with 5 RBI’s and a double. The 29 year-old is posting a .261/.305/.336 batting line with a homer and 12 RBI’s in 129 plate appearances at Triple-A
Casey Kotchman returns with the ball club after straining his hamstring trying to beat an infield single during the first week of the season in Washington, D.C.
Wade LeBlanc, 28, began the season as a starter but he struggled to keep his place on the starting rotation and was moved to the bullpen. The left hander, who has a 1-5 record, posted a 5.18 ERA with 31 strikeouts and 15 walks in 48 2/3 innings with Miami.
Lefty Edgar Olmos has been called up to take LeBlanc’s place on the 25-man roster. The 23-year old, who has yet to make his major league debut, posted a 1.27 ERA with 20 strikeouts and 10 walks in 19 games this season at Double-A.