- Marlins at Royals Game 1 Preview & PredictionPosted 8 hours ago
- Marlins to Wear Awesome Throwback Jersey Saturday in MilwaukeePosted 24 days ago
- Nolasco’s Quest for 1,000 K’s: Padres at Marlins Game 1 PreviewPosted 45 days ago
- Marlins Minors Player of the Week 6/16-6/22Posted 49 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ GiantsPosted 53 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ DiamondbacksPosted 56 days ago
- Revitalized Marlins offense win series against Cards at home.Posted 56 days ago
- Help Send Stanton to the Home Run DerbyPosted 59 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs CardinalsPosted 60 days ago
- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 63 days ago
Marlins 1st Basemen Injury Updates: LoMo, Kotchman, Mahoney
- Updated: May 20, 2013
The Marlins’ lineup should be getting a boost in the very near future as Logan Morrison began his rehab assignment with Class-A Jupiter Monday night.
Through six innings at the time of this update Morrison had gone 2-for-3 with a pair of singles DHing for the Jupiter Hammerheads of the Florida State League. Rich Waltz also noted during the Marlins broadcast Monday night that LoMo had cleanly run from first to third on a base hit and showed no signs of hindrance by his offseason knee surgery. Morrison could rejoin the big league club as soon as the first week of June if all goes according to plan.
Another injured first baseman, Casey Kotchman, should also be starting playing in minor league games sometime in the next week. Miami’s Opening Day first baseman strained his hamstring trying to beat an infield single during the first week of the season in Washington, D.C.
Joe Mahoney should also be joining his fellow injured first base brethren in Jupiter sometime this week. With the smorgasbord of first basemen set to return to the Marlins very soon, it seems likely that Mahoney will be sent to Triple-A New Orleans once Morrison and Kotchman are healthy.
The imminent return of these key hitters should cause yet another roster shuffle for the Marlins. Stay tuned to MarlinsCountry.com for the latest updates as these transactions occur.