- Marlins to Wear Awesome Throwback Jersey Saturday in MilwaukeePosted 10 days ago
- Nolasco’s Quest for 1,000 K’s: Padres at Marlins Game 1 PreviewPosted 31 days ago
- Marlins Minors Player of the Week 6/16-6/22Posted 35 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ GiantsPosted 39 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ DiamondbacksPosted 42 days ago
- Revitalized Marlins offense win series against Cards at home.Posted 42 days ago
- Help Send Stanton to the Home Run DerbyPosted 45 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs CardinalsPosted 45 days ago
- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 49 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs BrewersPosted 49 days ago
Series Preview: Marlins vs Cardinals
- Updated: June 14, 2013
The St. Louis Cardinals will come to town for a three game series. The series opener is available to view on MLB.TV as it is their free game of the day.
Game 1 – Jose Fernandez (3-3) will start the series opener for the Marlins. Last time out gave up one run over six innings against the Mets while striking out seven. That outing was his second quality in June from two starts.
Jake Westbrook (2-1) will come off of the DL to start the series opener for the Cardinals. Westbrook had a 1.62 ERA over six starts before going on the DL. Over two rehab starts Westbrook gave up two earned runs over 10 2/3 innings. Westbrook is 1-1 with a 2.70 ERA in his career against the Marlins.
Game 2 – Tom Koehler (0-4) will start the second game of the series for the Marlins. In his last start Koehler gave up four runs over seven innings. Koehler is yet to have a start where he has failed to keep the opposition scoreless. Koehler is much better at Marlins park where he has a 2.00 ERA.
Lance Lynn (8-1) will start the second game of the series for the Cardinals. Last time out Lynn gave up four runs over six innings. Lynn has been stellar this season and has only given up three Home Runs this season. Lynn has a 3.00 ERA this season.
Game 3 – Ricky Nolasco (3-7) will finish out the series for the Marlins. In his last outing Nolasco lost a streak of four quality starts as he gave up four runs over 5 1/3 innings, against the Brewers. Nolasco is 1-4 with a 4.59 ERA in his career against the Cardinals.
The Cardinals have yet the announce an official starter for the final game of the series. According to MLB.com, the Cardinals will decide whether Michael Wacha (1-0) or Tyler Lyons (2-2) will take the mound. Wacha has a 4.58 over three starts this season. Wacha was 4-0 in AAA with a 2.05 ERA. Tyler Lyons has a 3.51 ERA over four starts and was 2-1 with a 4.47 ERA in AAA.
Cardinals Notes – The Cardinals are second in the Majors on batting average with a .276 average.
The Cardinals have the least stolen bases (18) in the Majors.
Former Marlin Edward Mujica is the Cardinals closer and he has yet to blow a save from 19 opportunities. Former Marlins reliever Randy Chaote is also on the Cardinals Roster.
Yadier Molina’s .353 batting average is best among the Cardinals
Marlins Notes – Giancarlo Stanton has hit in every game since his return from the DL.
Derek Dietrich is hitting .203 at Marlins Park and only one of his six home runs has been at Marlins Park.
Steve Cishek only has two saves at Marlins Park this season.