- Marlins to Wear Awesome Throwback Jersey Saturday in MilwaukeePosted 3 days ago
- Nolasco’s Quest for 1,000 K’s: Padres at Marlins Game 1 PreviewPosted 24 days ago
- Marlins Minors Player of the Week 6/16-6/22Posted 28 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ GiantsPosted 32 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins @ DiamondbacksPosted 35 days ago
- Revitalized Marlins offense win series against Cards at home.Posted 35 days ago
- Help Send Stanton to the Home Run DerbyPosted 39 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs CardinalsPosted 39 days ago
- Marlins reinstate Giancarlo Stanton from DLPosted 43 days ago
- Series Preview: Marlins vs BrewersPosted 43 days ago
Valaika underwent surgery on left wrist
- Updated: May 10, 2013
Chris Valaika, who fractured his left wrist on Tuesday against the San Diego Padres, underwent a successful wrist surgery today at the University of Miami Hospital. Two pins were inserted by Dr. Patrick Owens.
It will take about four to six weeks to heal “and however long to build him back up, probably another four to six weeks,” Redmond said.
Valaika, 27, posted a .219/.261/.344 batting line with a home run and 9 RBI’s in 70 plate appearances with Miami this year.
With the utility infielder being out 4-6 weeks, there’s a chance he might not return due to the fact that he’ll need to spend time in the minors to recover, which will take more time to come back.
- Catcher Jeff Mathis could join the Marlins as soon as Tuesday when the Fish are in Miami. Mathis, who broke his right collarbone in his first spring training game with Miami, caught all nine innings for the first time on Thursday at Class AA Jacksonville.
- Alex Sanabia, who left his outing in San Diego early due to a tight right groin, has been push back one day.
- Logan Morrison went 2-for-3 with a home run, single and walk in an extended spring game in Jupiter.